Safeguarding at Garway Primary School
At Garway Primary School we have a child centred and coordinated approach to safeguarding.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play. All practitioners make sure their approach is child-centred. This means they consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
If children and families at Garway Primary School are to receive the right help at the right time, everyone who comes into contact with them has a role to play in identifying concerns, sharing information and taking prompt action. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Children includes everyone under the age of 18
At Garway Primary School
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Mrs Charlotte Eynon
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) Miss Katie Samuel
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Governor Lady Fiona Mynors
Garway Primary School complies with the Safeguarding Children and Young People in Herefordshire Partnership (SCYPiH) https://herefordshiresafeguardingboards.org.uk/